Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer time and the livin’ is not so easy…..

Working on the farm this summer has been so rewarding, but I must admit that its been very energy-depleting as well. I knew it would be, its just that when I signed up for the job I didn’t know Caleb and now things with us are pretty serious.

Since the last lengthy entry I have met a wonderful man, Caleb Dean Catlett, and we have been little lovebirds for the past three months. We believe that God brought us together, using his darling little niece, Hope Christiana. We’ve begun to do pre-marital counseling with plans to get married in the future. My oh my, is the Lord ever so good. Caleb and his family call me Lainey and they have taken me in as one of their own. They are a Christ-serving, genuine, and caring family who are great examples of what its like to live a life completely devoted to Christ. I am blessed to have their wisdom and influence in my life.
My family adores Caleb and admires the type of man he is. He fits in so well with my family and has genuine love for me. I have never been treated like such a treasure before He came into my life. We are both so grateful that the Lord brought us together and continue to pray for His will and blessings for our relationship. We thirst to grow in Him together.

Having introduced you to the man in my life, you can understand now why the farm is not something I enjoy devoting all my extra time to. I still seek, each day, the joy and blessings that God has for me at the farm. I love being outside and working in the field. I have also gotten very familiar with the phenomenon of the sunburn during my work on the farm. Yesterday, mom and Emily came out to the farm and we picked blackberries, currants, and carrots. The spinach was something I picked in the morning. All of the produce that the farm sells in their little store is all hand picked, by myself, the Dr. who owns the farm with her husband (Claudia), and two of their other workers (Maricella and Angelica). I have loved getting to know them, and it’s been fun working on my Spanish with Maricella and Angelica.

Pictures to come soon......

No comments: