Tuesday, December 8, 2009

After much prayer

...and long talks my relationship has been restored. The growth that the two of us are experiencing in our walk with the Lord has been so refreshing! We continue to seek Him for our lives, individually and as a couple. Thank you Jesus for the opportunity to love him and be loved by him.

Speaking of miles, I have committed to doing the Colorado Half marathon. I am so excited because its my first half marathon and I'm going to do it with two others who have never run a half marathon either. They are both dear friends of mine and I am thankful to be doing this with them.

In other areas of my life, I have complete my Certified Nurses Aide training and will take my state exam on Dec 16th or 17th. I feel really blessed to have a heart for this line of work. After doing my clinicals in a long term care facility for the class, I was shown what a ministry this line of work can be. I am so excited to serve in this area and feel grateful that the Lord crafted my heart in such a way that I am drawn to be a CNA and can enjoy it.

I moved in with my Uncle Reno (widow to my late Aunt Dana) and it has been wonderful. I enjoy spending time with him and his girl, Angie (she is so sweet and I think my Aunt Dana picked her out for my uncle). We eat dinner together sometimes, but we still have enough space to do our own thing too. He has his christmas tree up, which is so nice to enjoy, and I am living in the basement. The carpet is so soft and plush, the heater blows right over my bed, and all of my furniture fits into my room nicely. The move was a long one (spanning over the course of three weeks) but I am comfy in the house now.

I am super excited for this advent season and for Christmas. I don't have to work school around my schedule anymore so I finally have the chance to enjoy the holidays. I am lucky enough to get to work at the hospital on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so I can serve our families who can't be home for Christmas morning. I pray that I can be love and hope and a light for Jesus to them all.

I pray for each of you reading this, that you have joy, health, and cherished moments this holiday season. I am thankful for each of you in my life.

No comments: