Monday, December 14, 2009



I mentioned that I was becoming a Certified Nurses Aide (CNA) and my state certification exam is on December 17th. After becoming certified I have been offered a position with a Pediatric Home Health Care Agency. I would be covering shifts, as needed, for their full-time CNA's who go on vacation or need days off for other reasons. I will also be continuing to work at Children's Hospital full-time.

The work of a CNA is to assist patients in doing the normal activities that people do in everyday life, usually on their own. However, due to and injury or something, they are no longer able to perhaps brush their teeth, take a bath, go to the bathroom, stand up, etc. on their own. That is what much of my job will consist of.

Being a woman who wants to serve Christ and his people, I am so excited to take these next steps in my journey of life. What better way to show Jesus to others than by assisting them to do the simple things they were once able to do on their own and no longer can? I am thankful for the people that Jesus will bring into my life through this experience!

No comments: